As you may know, our mission statement is “We exist to glorify God, by building a community of believers who are actively committed to knowing, applying, and proclaiming the Word of God and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.” The central focus of that mission statement is that all we are doing is driven by the Gospel as it is revealed in the Word of God. To that end, through the years, we have taken up the role of training both men and women to grow in their ability to be careful handlers of the Word of God by teaching the principles developed by Dick Lucas and refined by David Helm through the Charles Simeon Trust.
Not only have we hosted workshops at our church for both men and women, but we have also implemented these workshops with our ministry partners on the mission field, in particular Bolivia and Ukraine.
So, why are we using the Charles Simeon Trust as a tool?
Well, the above video will help to communicate the vision that we have to see our church family grow in living out the Gospel by learning how to handle the Word of God with care. This tool is certainly important for our Elders who have the great responsibility to shepherd and guide God’s flock through the ministry of the Word, but it is not limited to them.
In fact, the principles taught at the Simeon Trust Workshops are essential for any and all who have a teaching role. So, that includes those who are teachers of children and youthin our church. It includes those who lead various ministries, i.e., Men’s Ministry and Women’s Ministry. It also includes anyone who might be leading a small group or doing one-on-one ministry. Finally, it is a tool for parents and individualswho want to grow in their personal Bible Study. If we are not careful in handling the Word of God, then our understanding of Who God is and How God works in our lives will be fuzzy and likely shaped by the faulty ideas of the culture.
Partnerships In Bolivia
In His goodness, God has allowed us to develop a partnership with a group of about 12 churches in the Santa Cruz region of Bolivia under the care of Pastor Matias Mojicas. Already we have sent four teams to Bolivia in an effort to come alongside those churches and assist them to do the work of the ministry in their context.
We are thankful for the partnership that we have with Matias Mojica Sr. & Matias Mojica Jr. in Santa Cruz, Bolivia, and for the newly developed partnership with Ramiro Sanjinez in La Paz, Bolivia. Here are the workshops that we have been able to host through this partnership in Bolivia.
- 2013 – Workshop on Mark (Gospels) – Santa Cruz
- 2014 – Workshop on 2 Timothy (Epistles) – Santa Cruz
- 2014 – Workshop on 2 Timothy (Epistles) - Samaipata
- 2015 – Workshop on 1 Samuel (Old Testament Narrative) – Santa Cruz
- 2015 – Workshop on 1 Samuel (Old Testament Narrative) – Samaipata
- 2016 – Workshop on Psalms (Poetry) – Santa Cruz
- 2017 – Workshop on Ephesians (Epistles) – Santa Cruz
- 2018 – Workshop on Nehemiah (Old Testament Narrative) – Santa Cruz
- 2018 – Workshop on 2 Timothy (Epistles) – La Paz
- 2019 – Workshop on Job (Wisdom Literature) – Santa Cruz
- 2019 – Workshop on Mark (Gospels) – La Paz
Partnership In Ukraine
We are thankful for the partnership that we have with both Roman Kurbaski(Reconciliation Church, Rivne) and Vova Graviliuk (Salvation Church, Rivne), and for the way that they have caught the vision for the Workshop taking place in other locations in Ukraine. Here are the workshops that we have been privileged to host through this partnership in Ukraine:
- 2016 – Workshop on 2 Timothy (Epistles) – Rivne
- 2017 – Workshop on Mark (Gospels) – Irpen
- 2017 – Workshop on Mark (Gospels) – Rivne
- 2018 – Workshop on Nehemiah (Old Testament Narrative) – Rivne
- 2018 – Workshop on Nehemiah (Old Testament Narrative) – Kyiv (KTS)
- 2019 – Workshop on Psalms (Poetry) - Rivne
- 2020 – Workshop on 1 Samuel (Old Testament Narrative) - Rivne
- 2020 – Workshop on 2 Timothy (Epistles) – Zhytomyr
Now, we have plans for returning to Bolivia in 2022.
Please pray for our future opportunities.
Thank you for your partnership in building up the Body of Christ and for reaching the world where God has given us the opportunity.